Name: Jessica Paige Portwood
Occupation: Full-time Student
Current City: Seattle
1) I heard that you’re flying South tomorrow. What 3 items must be in your carry-on for a cross-country flight:
- A good book (Crime & Punishment)
- My knitting/crocheting supplies
- My iPod
2) Speaking of your iPod, put it on ‘shuffle’ mode. What are the first three songs that play? Any special meaning?
- Hootie & The Blowfish: Goodbye girl. “I don’t even know what that song sounds like.”
- Ray LaMontagne: Carry me. “Eh, kind of reminds me of my ex-boyfriend…”
- Ben Harper: Roses from my friends. “I’d say that was one of the first songs that ushered me in to loving good music.”
3) What’s your favorite kitchen utensil?
- A ladle because I like the way they’re shaped and they scoop things.
4) Holiday Plans?
- I’ll be in Knoxville, TN with my family and spend New Year’s in South Carolina. I’m having a Y2K 10-Year Anniversary party. We’re going to create a myth to hype everybody that the world is about to end. Everyone has to bring non-perishable items, which we’re going to donate to a food bank.
5) Tell us a joke.
JP: Knock, knock.
MB: Who’s there?
MB: Dwayne who?
JP: Dwayne the tub, I’m dwowning!